Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Thoughts about marriage after 20 years

Unhappiness with the present
All my life,I heard my husband making plans of what he would do after retirement. I will do business, I will complete my MBA , anything except my present job. It used to worry me no end but after years of unhappiness with his job, when he got overlooked for his promotion, my husband took early retirement.
Its been 3 years since he retired, he still does not know what he wants to do. Its studies some day, business the other day, just talk and talk and talk. I keep working, the kids are studying, my husband is still not sure what to do.

What has suddenly changed is that he gets angry with small things. Earlier the kids would joke and pull his leg. Now, he is becoming paranoid and taking offence about the smallest things. HE FEELS THE KIDS DO NOT RESPECT HIM BECAUSE HE DOES NOT WORK!!!!
If I cater to his demands, he is happy. If I just mention the fact that I am busy with work, he starts passing odd comments about my job and how a working women can never be a good wife.

Funny how a man who wanted a working women to start with, now feels a working woman is no longer desirable.

No comments: